Uniformed Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA)
Military and Overseas Ballots will be mailed on May 14, 2016, for the Primary Election on June 28, 2016.
Who is eligible?
- A member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marines on active duty, absent from their place of residence;
- An eligible spouse or dependent of a member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marines on active duty, absent from their place of residence;
- A United States citizen residing outside the United States temporarily; or
- A United States citizen residing outside the United States indefinitely.
How will I receive my ballot?
Military and overseas electors may request to receive their ballot by mail, email for fax.
City and County of Broomfield works with Everyone Counts for electronic ballot delivery. If you have requested your ballot by fax or email, you will receive a link to Everyone Counts. The elector will log into a secure system where they can mark their ballot electronically, print your ballot, along with an affidavit they must sign, and send both back to the Elections Division by email, fax or mail.
What if I haven't received my ballot?
If you have not received a ballot two weeks before the election, please contact us to determine the status of your ballot and issue a replacement if necessary.
You may also choose to vote using the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB), a write-in ballot can be completed for any federal, state, and local races and issues for which you are eligible to vote. Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (SF-186A)
Complete the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) online or download and print the fillable PDF version and return it to the City and County of Broomfield, Elections Division to register as a UOCAVA voter. We encourage overseas and military voters to submit a new FPCA every year and also when you move.
Mail, Fax or Email your form to:
City and County of Broomfield Fax: 303.410.3815 Email: UOCAVA@broomfield.org
1 DesCombes Drive
Broomfield CO 80020
Registration and Ballot Application
Please select one of the methods below to register / update / change your voter registration and apply for a ballot.
- Colorado Secretary of State - www.GoVoteColorado.com
- Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) - Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request
- Federal Voter Assistance Program - www.fvap.gov
- Overseas Vote Foundation - https://www.overseasvotefoundation.org
- EAC Election Management Guidelines
Colorado Secretary of State - Uniformed and Overseas Electors
Federal Voter Assistance Program
Below you will find links that are helpful for finding overseas and party specific information as well as other Federal, State and local government websites that might be of interest.
- Helpful Links - http://www.fvap.gov/links
- Toll Free Access to Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) section - http://www.fvap.gov/vao/vag/appendix/toll-free
For more information regarding Uniformed and Overseas Electors you may contact City and County of Broomfield Elections Division by phone at 303.464.5874, by fax at 303.410.3815 or by email at UOCAVA@broomfield.org